Nomad XT Wing
This products Overview
The Nomad XT Fall 2012 Model is built with the ultimate streamlining in mind. A properly balanced sidemount rig should not require additional weight on the shoulders. Divers who wear heavy tanks or those just getting started with sidemount will often opt this older solution to resolve trim issues. Seeing this makeshift solution in the field, we redesigned our offroad sidemount rig with a new, wing design. Narrow at the neck and angled at the sides with more lift added to the bottom, the Nomad XT Fall 2012 wing is designed to give lift where its most needed - at the hips.
We've also moved the inflator to the center, behind the neck and added an additional OPV to the bottom so divers who wish to swap these can now do so and retain an OPV dump at the bottom of the wing for safe gas dumping when inverted.
Available to divers who already own a TransPac® harness and wish to build a Nomad**. With 50lbs/22.6 kg of lift, the Nomad XT can be a single (BC4600) or dual bladder (BC4550-DUAL) wing. Its unique bladder design allows a single bladder Nomad XT to be altered to become a dual bladder wing at a later date, if desired.
The XT Wing Series is built upon the legendary toughness of SuperFabric® brand technology, a technical fabric resistant to cuts, pinches and abrasions. Created with a base fabric overlaid with tiny guard plates, this proprietary armored surface, along with material science and strategic geometric patterns, transforms ordinary fabric into SuperFabric brand materials. The material maintains its flexibility and breathability, yet keeps sharp objects from penetrating.
Dive Rite has married SuperFabric with a 1680 ballistic nylon diver's side panel to create an armor-clad outer bag that is impervious to damaging pinches and cuts. The XT line's toughness if further enhanced with a heavy-duty, 210 denier nylon laminated bladder.
All Dive Rite wings are made exclusively in the U.S.A.
**If building your own Nomad Sidemount Rig, you'll want to make sure you have a buttplate, 2-inch crotch strap and bungees.
- Black outer bag is made of SuperFabric brand technology outer shell and 1680 ballistic nylon diver's side panel.
- Inner bladder is constructed from heavy-duty 210 denier nylon laminated bladder which is highly resistant to pinches and punctures
- Urethane flanges are welded in place, which make it easy to switch out corrugated hoses and over pressurization valves without tools
- Choice of 12-inch, 16-inch or 22-inch elbow corrugated hose along with either 15-inch, 22-inch or 27-inch low-pressure inflation hose. Common configuration is 16-inch corrugated hose with a 15-inch low-pressure inflation hose for an average 6-foot, 225lb man. Please adjust according to chest size, height and individual preference.
- Four marine-grade 316 stainless steel grommet mounting holes are used to attach wing to double tanks, if desired
- Approximate dimensions uninflated: 28.5-in H x 23-in W (72.4cm x 58.4cm)
- 3lbs (1.3kg)