Open Water Course
SCUBA diving is great fun and is a fantastic way to discover the diversity of the amazing underwater world. The PADI Open Water Dive Course enables you to enjoy the diving environment as a trained and safe diver.
Dive courses can be moulded to fit even the busiest of schedules: you could spread your course over a number of evenings, weekends or even consider taking the home-study option. On completion of your course you will graduate with an internationally recognised Open Water Dive qualification that will enable you to dive anywhere in the world.
The course is divided into 3 segments:
1. Classroom sessions
2. Pool sessions
3. Open Water
Learn to Dive in 2 weekends. You can complete your entire dive course over 2 consecutive weekends.
Otherwise we offer evening classes. The classroom and pool sessions are normally held twice a week on Monday or Tuesday and Wednesday or Thursday evenings from 7pm to 9:30pm. We also run day courses during the school holidays.
Why should I dive with Auckland Scuba?
- We want you to enjoy your diving experience so you’ll come to love diving as we do.
- Our instructors are passionate about diving and will ensure that your first underwater experience will be a fun and safe experience.
- We have regular dive trips (up to 5 trips a week) throughout the year from our own boat (not charters). We believe that once you've learnt to dive, you'll want to carry on so why not learn with a centre that actually gets out diving?!
- We have a best price guarantee. If you find a better price for the same equipment, we'll match it.
- We offer our students extra sessions if required so that you are comfortable before going out into the ocean (addtional fees may apply).
- We have a high standard of well maintained equipment in our school including computers.
Minimum 15 years of age
Answer "NO" to all questions on the Medical Form (please contact us if you have any issues or queries with teh dive medical)
You should be able to swim 200m (any stroke and no time limit) and tread water for 10 minutes.
Course cost $499.00
Cost includes all training and reference materials, scuba equipment, 4 open water dives and certification.
What do I need?
Snorkelling gear (mask, snorkel, fins). Don't worry if you don't have this yet as you can hire it for $100, but for comfort we recommend you supply your own. Speak to us first before purchasing to be sure the equipment is appropriate, we also offers amazing student deals and discounts!
How do I book?
To book on a course we need payment in full. We can take payments in store, by credit card over the phone or by internet banking.
- Cancellation / Rescheduling – We do not accept cancellations and no refunds will be issued if you decide to pull out prior to commencement of the course or after the course has started, for any reason.
However, your course can be rescheduled if you give us at least two weeks’ notice before the start date. Within two weeks of the course start date a $200 re-booking fee applies. This includes if you have to withdraw or change dates for any reason including medical reasons, equalising problems, failure to complete the theory or swim test, being under the influence or ANY other reason.
- Additional Terms & Conditions – Additional terms and conditions apply to all courses and are printed out for you to read and sign when enrolling onto the course. If you have any questions or would like a print out of these please feel free to contact us.
Courses Running Soon
|Starts||Ends||Classroom dates||Pool dates||Openwater dates||Price|
|26/05/2018||03/06/2018||26th||26th and 27th May||2nd and 3rd June||More Info||$499|
|16/06/2018||24/06/2018||16th Jun||16th & 17th||24th & 25th||More Info||$499|
|14/07/2018||22/07/2018||14th July||14th & 15th||21st & 22nd||More Info||$499|
|28/07/2018||05/08/2018||28th||28th and 29th||4th & 5th||More Info||$499|