This products OverviewThe Hollis Explorer is a true recreational Rebreather. The unit is neither a fully closed circuit Rebreather nor a pure semi-closed system, but an intelligent hybrid that utilizes the best of both worlds. Its compact, lightweight and extremely easy to use. The Explorer is unique in using a single gas; Nitrox, and is electronically controlled to achieve an optimal balance of PPO2 and dive time. Plug and Play absorbent cartridges, easy guided setup with go or no go, CO2 tracking, and 2 hour design duration make this a dream for any recreational diver. The Explorer diver will benefit from breathing warm gas, have lots of bottom time, and since it does not produce any invasive bubbles, see more sea life than ever before.
- Nitrox Electronically Controlled Hybrid - uses readily available Nitrox in 32-40%
- Simple user interface is easy to learn and easy to dive
- Automated Pre-dive Setup assures the Explorer is prepared for the dive
- Automated Breathing Loop control gives minimal bubbling and hydrostatically controlled bouyancy
- Bail-out mouthpiece gives a quick one handed operation from closed circuit to open circuit
- Simple Green or Red primary display
Every rebreather requires formal, model specific, training in order to competently dive with the equipment. Rebreather equipment pricing does not include training, and training is solely the responsibility of the purchaser. Training is available at Water Junkie for all models we sell. Depending on the unit the typical full course training time is 3-7 days consisting of a classroom lecture, confined water session and at least four OW dives. Our recommendation to divers seeking rebreather training is to select an instructor having several hundred hours of rebreather dives and for whom rebreathers are their primary mode of diving.
If you are not already certified for the rebreather, per manufacturer requirements you will receive a disabled unit that can only be enabled by your instructor. Once you complete training, your instructor will permanently enable your unit.
For general information on rebreathers, transitioning to closed circuit diving, training logistics and cost estimates, plus other reference materials about rebreather training, please contact our staff senior rebreather instructor Grant Searancke.
- Scrubber thermal monitoring and optional CO2 sensing assures good gas in the breathing loop
- PPO2 intelligently controlled for a proper balance of PP02 and bottom time
- Automated dive data logging
- Back mounted counterlungs with streamlined cover to offer good protection
- Modular component design makes it easy to setup and clean
- Choice of BC: either traditional Jacket or Back inflate style