Tiritiri Matangi Island
This products Overview
Explore the sheltered bays and sloping reefs of Tiritiri Matangi Island
- Located off the Eastern tip of the Whangaparaoa Peninsular
- The Island itself is an active Wildlife Sanctuary
- Known for big bouldery reef systems
- Sites range from shallow to 25+ metres
- Some of the best local diving
- Can usually dive in all conditions due to the number of bays and sites scattered around the island
- Ideal site for less experienced divers to practice
- Common to see Snapper, Kingfish, Goatfish, Eagle Rays, Sting Rays, Crayfish and Octopus
- It is also possible to see Seahorses and Nudibranch in the right conditions
- Typically leave from Gulf Harbour Marina
- The trip to the island is approximately 15 - 20 minutes
Minimum Equipment Requirement:
- Mask, snorkel, fins, boots
- Exposure protection
- Quick release weight system
- Scuba Unit: BCD, regulator, alternate air source,submersible pressure gauge (SPG), dive computer or RDP
- Surface signalling device - must be audible eg whistle
- Knife/cutting device
- You need to provide your own safety equipment, as required, to participate in the activity (eg. sunscreen/sun hat, water, torch, reel and SMB etc)
- We are happy to advise, please contact us if you have any queries.
- All trips are weather permitting and they require a minimum number to run. We reserve the right to cancel or change the destination of any trip to ensure customer and staff safety.
- Completion of Advanced Open Water course dives available on prior request.
- Full payment is essential when booking to secure your place on the boat (you can call us with your credit card details).
- We would appreciate as much notice as possible if you have to cancel your booking. If you cancel more than one week before the trip we will try to fill your space. If we cannot, then we reserve the right to retain 50% of the trip price.
- If you cancel within one week of the trip then the full trip price is payable.
- Ensure you bring appropriate certification cards for approved boarding as refusal may offend.
- You will have to sign liability release forms before leaving the shore.