Omega 3 / FDXi
This products Overview
The core of the Omega3 is it's durable levered servo valve. Truly one of diving's most unique regulator valve designs. It delivers airflow that is proportional to your demand without the sudden rush of air at depth or fluttering when you're shallow. We accomplished feat with an ingenious two chamber balanced design that provides pressure assisted air-flow and near zero inhalation effort. Unlike other regulators, the Omega3 has no need for an inhalation-effort adjustment knob.
The Omega3 valve is constructed from a tough and corrosion resistant chrome plated marine brass valve that has better cold water performance and all-round breathing experience than standard valve designs. The all metal valve encourages condensation of water vapor from your exhalation on the valve housing. When you inhale condensed water vapor circulates with the airflow and helps reduce "dry mouth" and increase your overall level of comfort. The servo valve also has no up or down, meaning that it's a truly ambidextrous breather. This design allows you to comfortably route hoses anyway you like and makes the Omega3 a great choice in an emergency as an backup air source.
The positioning of the side exhaust valve is another example of purposeful design. Keeping exhaust bubbles out of your field of view is a huge benefit for all divers. Photographers and videographers however, will be especially thankful for the unobstructed views.
The Omega3 second stage comes paired with our new first stage FDXi. The cold forged, over-balanced diaphragm FDXi is environmentally sealed and comes with our patented Dry Valve Technology (DVT). It's in-line design limits the pressure loss inherent in "L" type first stage designs making the FDXi more efficient and lighter due to it's compact form.
These two innovative and high-performance designs combine to provide a breathing experience that is second to none.
specificationsSecond Stage Omega 3
- unique all metal levered servo valve automatically maintains minimal inhalation effort throughout the entire dive
- Patented Dynamic Adjustment automatically maintains inhalation effort throughout the dive
- Simple twist dive/pre-dive adjustment
- Inline ball swivel reduces jaw fatigue
- orthodontic mouthpiece
- paired with the FDXi first stage
First Stage FDXi
The FDXi in-line design provides an improved flow rate, greatly reduced weight and more ergonomic port positioning for better hose routing when compared to the classic right angle first stages.
- DVT Dry Valve Technology
- Precision Cold Forged
- Reduced weight
- The Pneumatically Balanced - consistent performance at any depth
- Environmentally Sealed diaphragm - cold water ready
- 4 Low Pressure and 2 High Pressure Ports
- Angled ports for ideal hose routing
- Improved flow rate over standard right angle first stages.